0

An artist who works with pictures and words.. Barbara Kruger

In reading the interview 'EGG' had with Barbara Kruger, I noticed a common thing in everything she was saying. Her idea of power through her work. The idea that pictures and words when placed together in such a way, can have power over the way we see and read things. Some might call it the power of advertising, but I think her work is a lot more in depth and meaningful than just showing us what we as the masses 'need'. But it is that very idea that seems to fascinate her. That she can in a way control our minds as viewers to look at her work a certain way. With her background in fashion magazines, she knows exactly how to accomplish this through her art. She is an amazing artist that is world-renowned for working with this 'power' that can control the minds of the masses.. that sounds kind of evil villain type stuff huh, but I'd never really realized this power before. The fact that my mind can be controlled by image and text without my realizing it.. I find it freaky really, but interesting too..
peace
xo
K

p.s. It's a conspiracy, man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top