0

Three Illustrators/Designers..

Soooooo for this blog post we had to find three artists/illustrators/designers that use both text and image in their works and research them.. so here it goes..

Kristine Do
I came across Kristine Do ages ago when I was google imaging posters of one of my favorite bands, 'Raised by Swans'. One of the images led to her website and I found I really liked all her work. She is a graphic designer that uses a lot of typography and grunge effects. She enjoys working with the thriving underground music industry and thus designs a lot of band posters. She also designs patterns for extreme sports clothing. I really like the feel of her work and how she portrays the idea. Each one seems different and unique to the client..?


Montse Bernal
Montse Bernal is from Barcelona, Spain originally and has studied fine art and illustration. She uses a variety of materials, from dry media to painting, to even digital and some animations. Her works are beautiful and have a old french fashion sketch look to them. The colors she uses seem to emphasize the areas she wants us drawn to and the fonts/text give it a quirky look. I reckon the drawing skills by the artist are pretty amazing and very life-like.. am thinking I want to do some similar sketches in my zine.



Samuel Castano
Samuel Castano is a graphic designer and illustrator from the states. His works have a theme and a feel about them that bring up memories of past eras. He uses collaged newspapers a lot and snippets of what seems like other posters..  which creates feelings that communicate and mean something to someone. I like his work because he incorporates collage in a digital form..

Sweet so thats about it.. I have more in my visual diary because I'm a cool kid like that, but yeah.. farewell my lovers, farewell my friends (I have that song in my head..)
peace
xo
K





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top